CloudGateway is here to replace the good old WebInterface (end of support 2015) as WebInterface is one product, CloudGateway is a marketing name for several products :
- CloudGateway Express (Free) = Receiver Storefront + Access Gateway VPX
- CloudGateway Enterprise ($$$) = Receiver Storefront + Access Gateway + AppController
If we want to compare the WebInterface to one of this component, that will be Receiver Storefront. This blog idea originally comes from Thomas Koetzing (CTP) blog post last year : Web Interface replaced by Citrix Cloud Gateway and I made several presentation about CloudGateway based on the table he build. I tried to maintain this table up to date with the new releases of Receiver Storefront.
What is CloudGateway
Citrix definition : Citrix CloudGateway is an enterprise mobility management solution that aggregates, controls and delivers Windows, web, SaaS and mobile apps, and data, to any device, anywhere. CloudGateway provides end-users with a unified single point of access and self-service to all of their business apps on any device anywhere. It also provides IT with a comprehensive single point of aggregation and control for all apps, data, devices and identities.
CloudGateway helps IT and users
- Deliver all apps. Go beyond Windows apps to aggregate, control and deliver all apps including web, SaaS, mobile apps and data.
- Unified—not siloed. IT no longer needs to create and manage individual/soloed processes and tools to add new devices, user types and apps.
- Regain control and eliminate chaos. IT can manage and secure corporate IP, apps and data by unifying and automating controls for apps, devices and identities.
- Empower users by giving them every app they need in a unified, self-service app catalog that is available from any device, anywhere. (more…)