Last week, Alexander Jushin asked me if I would be ok to make a 45mns presentation at PubForum event in Dublin, I answer without hesitation yes and here we are on the way to build a new presentation focused on Citrix Provisioning Services. I like this product and I like to share my everyday work experiences. This presentation will be focus on the experience I got from the field and from all the best practices / tips I know can make the difference during a deployment.
My session will take place on Saturday 14th of May 2011 at 15:00 in the room 2 (Be careful with the agenda slide’n drift 🙂 ) Here is an extract from what I’ve plan to deliver :
Citrix Provisioning Services – Technical Overview – by Stephane Thirion, France
Citrix Provisioning Services has been update to a new version at the end of 2010, new features have been added (and removed) This session will bring an insight on the new features with a “real life” production experience.
- Architecture point of view
- XenDesktop related : MCS vs PVS overview ?
- Should you virtualize PVS ?
- PVS Automation / industrialization, why and how ?
- Best Practices and Tuning Tips PVS
You can read the full agenda here :
I’m sure many of you already have some questions or/and would like to ear about a specific PVS subject, you can send me by email or by commenting this blog what you would like to know or understand, I’ll integrate your request in this presentation.
Here are the main reasons why it is a very good Idea to attend PubForum!
- PubForum Conference is a non-commercial event, which is a very cost efficient and a highly effective way to gain the best Citrix, Microsoft and other companies virtualisation products knowledge, as well to receive the best vendor and independent expert’s training. It is also a chance to meet many independent industry experts, who are also attending the event and the ability to talk directly to the vendors support engineers in a non-formal atmosphere.
- Presenters and Trainers at PubForum include world recognized names in the field of Virtualization – those are Microsoft Most Valued Professionals, Citrix Technology Professionals and escalation Engineers from EMEA/Worldwide headquarters from companies like AppSense, Citrix, Jetro, 2X, Microsoft, RES and other. Attendees learn the best practices on how to run projects, implement, troubleshoot, plan, optimize and run their infrastructures the most cost effective, environmentally friendly and most performance efficient way.
- Over 20 Sessions and 3 Master Classes on average are delivered during the event. During which there is a unique possibility to approach the Presenters and Trainers, discuss issues, questions and best practices throughout the event. Due to the maximum attendance limit of 100 people no questions and no issues are left unanswered.
- The total cost of this European Wide Experts to Experts (E2E) Event – even including flights, accommodation and the attendee fee itself IS LESS THAN JUST the attendance fee of any similar event of this kind. That is because the Event is run on a non-commercial basis. However, the content, presenters and trainers are of the highest professional level!
- The event was founded in 2003 by Alex Juschin – a worldwide recognized Citrix and Microsoft expert and evangelist (Microsoft Terminal Services MVP and Citrix CTP) and is run with the help of Alex Danilychev – also a Microsoft MVP and CTP and another well recognized Expert in the field of Virtualization Rene Vester, who is also Citrix CTP. There have been already 15 very successful events so far in many cities across Europe. London, Paris, Nice, Lisbon, Frankfurt, Dublin, Brussels to name few.
The event days are from Friday to mid Sunday which means that it will not affect your business as much as other similar events, which may take up the whole business week!