XenDesktop 7 is now available with different features and entitlements (link) and yes there is a lot to read on this webpage but most of everything is already known features. So I will just write now what I read between the line :
- No more Citrix Streaming Application (RIP) in favor of Microsoft APP-V
- XenServer is now version 6.2 and Open Source !
- Seamless Local Apps is now official and build-in.
- PVS is version 7 now and MCS continue its evolution. (I’ll come back later on a blog post about that)
- Edgesight is included in XenDesktop 7 (Another blog post subject)
- Storefront is now version 2
- Receiver for Windows is v4
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 supported
- Many other changes I need to cover later on
Several editions are available today :
Now this is time to show you how the installation process, pretty straight forward as I already mention and this is for those who are curious about this new version and don’t have tie to POC it or try it right away.