A new version of Strorefront is coming along with XenDesktop 7. There are a lot of change in this version comparing to the previous one but first here is a quick internal architecture of Storefront Services :
What have changed with Storefront ?
- No more external database
- HTML5 Client improved
- Desktop Appliance Site
- Session pre-launch (for XenApp 6.5)
- International language support
- Integrated smart card authentication
- Auth SDK
- Integrated with XenDesktop 7 Installer
- Management from Desktop Studio
And after few week of test, I must admit this version is much faster then the 1.x versions. The fact Storefront doesn’t need a SQL database is a major point on the architecture point, high availability and management side.
Here is the installation step screenshots :
And an updated side by side comparison with Citrix WebInterface 5.4 :