The new Citrix Receiver version 4.2.1 is available for install / update through the Apple Store for iPad only until now. Be careful when you already have configure your Receiver, all my store have been deleted, I need to configure everything from scratch.
Changes are :
- iOS 4.2 Support
- On Screen trackpad
- Simplified gestures
- 2.5x faster session performance
- Self-service enterprise apps
- Web Interface support
- Access Gateway 5 support
- Third party authentication support
- Enhanced video out display
- Bluetooth keyboard support
- International keyboard support
You can grab it from here : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/citrix-receiver-for-ipad/id363501921?mt=8
Cool part, are the simplified gestures, it’s really better with a lot more precision, you can now use a mouse pointer with your finger and that makes things very easy to click now. All the published application from different stores are displaying as favorite on the same page., no need to switch between stores to launch applications.
When you add a new store, this new Receiver version try to “guess” what is behind the url you provided, for my setup, I added a store behind an Access Gateway VPX 4.6.2 and another one behind Access Gateway 5, everything has been detected automatically.
Some screenshots :
What I think we should have in this new version, what’s missing is :
- Possibility to customize background wallpaper, the option no longer exists
- Possibility to arrange the icons, they are auto-arrange by default